The Melbourne Business Practicum (BUSA90473) is an in-company intensively-taught subject where students experience the business practices and culture of a Melbourne company first-hand. The aim of the Melbourne Business Practicum is to connect teams of no more than four students to a Melbourne-based company where they are given a challenging business project to work on.
The Melbourne Business Practicum aims to expose students to:
- different work practices and cultures;
- increased networking opportunities;
- the experience of working closely in a team;
- challenging and intensive real-life working environments; and
- the application of theory to practice.
The Melbourne Business Practicum is worth 12.5 credit points and is offered in February and July each year. The information provided below applies to the July intake of the program.
Companies previously involved in the Melbourne Business Practicum include banks, insurance firms, not-for-profits and accounting firms. Each company provides a business project or problem and teams might be asked to:
- examine a new business opportunity for their company;
- undertake a business analysis exercise;
- undertake financial analysis or model of current operations, products or services;
- develop a marketing plan for the company;
- undertake a business planning exercise; or
- recommend operational efficiencies.
Read here about ANZ's involvement with the Melbourne Business Practicum.
To take part in the Melbourne Business Practicum, there are compulsory dates you need to be aware of:
July 2018 Intake:
Applications Open Monday 26 February 2018 Information Sessions Wednesday 7 March 5‐6pm
Thursday 8 March 12‐1pm
Applications Close Thursday 29 March Group Interviews Tuesday 17 ‐ Thursday 19 April Induction week Monday 25 June - Friday 29 June In company dates Monday 2 July ‐ Friday 13 July Final presentation to host company Scheduled between Friday 13 July ‐ Wednesday 18 July End of Practicum Celebration Thursday 26 July
Find out more before applying
As we offer two equally exciting Business Practicum subjects, it can be difficult to determine which one is right for you.To help you decide, please come along to our Choosing a Business Practicum – Melbourne or Global information session which will compare each of the programs, helping you to make the best choice.
Exact date, time, location and registration links for our Choosing a Business Practicum sessions will be posted here in early 2018.
Sorry, applications for the July 2018 intake have not opened yet. Please keep an eye on this page for further information.