Advances in information and communications technologies have revolutionised the way data is gathered, fuelling a surge in the demand for graduates with high-level training in data-analysis using econometric techniques.
The Master of Applied Econometrics is a new two-year program that combines coursework and research to equip you with the skills to make economic decisions in a data-driven manner.
Ranked #25 globally for Economics and EconometricsQS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
Who is it for?
If you are interested in understanding the fiscal responses to macroeconomic conditions, the degree of collusion amongst petrol retailers in Australia, or the impact of trade liberalisation on wage inequality, then The Master of Applied Econometrics is the program for you.
It will give you the econometric expertise to answer real world economic questions, while also providing the flexibility to specialise in areas relating to your career goals.
Where will it take me?
As a graduate of this degree, you will develop expertise in:
- Practical applications of econometric modelling techniques
- Analytical skills in the application of economic theory, knowledge, principles, techniques and data
- Explaining, applying and critically evaluating the use of econometric models for forecasting, assessing different economic policy and decision making options
- Applying methods learned to address policy and business decision questions
Graduates are likely to be employed in organisations such as banks, government, consulting firms and think tanks as an analyst, data scientist or modelling and insights leader.
This program has one intake per year. International applications must be submitted by:
- Start Year (February) entry: 31 October