Graduates of this program have found employment in the following roles:
- Economist, Reserve Bank of Australia
- Economist, Productivity Commission
- Research Fellow, Australian National University
- Senior Commercial Analyst, Telstra
- Network Strategy Consultant, Ericsson
- Economist, Victorian Department of Treasury and Finance
The Master of Economics is a two year degree in advanced studies in economics and econometrics. it provides training in critically reading the literature and experience in undertaking independent research. The program is ideal for those who wish to acquire the skills needed to practice as a professional economist in the public or private sectors. The program also provides a foundation to undertake further study at the PhD level.
Who is it for?
The Master of Economics is designed for students with prior training in economics or a cognate discipline with a strong analytical/mathematical component, who wish to acquire the advanced skills needed to practice as a professional economist in the public or private sectors. The program is also an appropriate foundation for further PhD study.