Finance Doctoral Information Day - Expressions of Interest
You are invited to submit an expression of interest to attend* an information session on the Doctoral Program in Finance and the Doctoral Program in Decision, Risk and Financial Sciences at the University of Melbourne. The information session will be hosted by the University's Department of Finance
The session will begin with a lunch for participants followed by presentations from five faculty members and will describe:
- the structure of the Finance PhD programs;
- the research and publications of the Department’s 42 faculty members;
- the Department’s weekly seminar series and annual Finance Down Under Conference;
- the Department’s large set of databases;
- the application process; and
- the funding, support, and placement of our doctoral students.
Those wishing to attend should send an email to Suzie Collins with Singapore Melbourne Finance Doctoral Day in the subject line. The brief application email should include a PDF attachment that contains:
- the applicant’s CV which must include the applicant’s contact details;
- a maximum one-page description of a research project undertaken by the applicant as part of their current or past studies or employment; and
- a maximum one-page statement of interest in future doctoral studies in Finance.
Closing date for applications: Friday September 20th, 2019.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by Monday September 23rd and must confirm their attendance by Monday September 30th.
*NOTE: Up to 10 applicants from around the world will be selected to attend the session. Successful applicants who are neither residing or studying in Singapore will be provided with accommodation at the venue hotel on the evenings of October 29th and 30th including internet access and breakfast on the following mornings plus reimbursement (with receipts) of the cost of visas and direct return economy airfares to and from Singapore.