International Business Experience Opportunities
International Business Experience (IBUS90007) is a subject which provide students with a broad overview of management and business in an international context. Students undertake a substantive learning experience with one of the Faculty’s overseas partner institutions. Prior partners who have participated in this subject include: National Chengchi University (Taiwan); Singapore Management University (Singapore); Shanghai Jiao Tong University (China); and Tsinghua University (China). International destinations differ by semester (summer/winter intensive only).
The Faculty of Business and Economics works in partnership with specific universities globally to develop and deliver the subject content. The overseas experience is typically two to three weeks in duration. All assessment tasks are determined and graded by the University of Melbourne subject co-ordinator.
- An intense but rewarding overseas experience at partner institution of the Faculty of Business and Economics
- The opportunity to work intensively with a Faculty Academic Mentor
- Overseas experiences can include seminars, company visits, and Cultural Activities. The nature of each delivery will differ.
- Assessment tasks to be completed include: a reflective essay, research report, and a group presentation
- IBUS90007 International Business Experience is worth 12.5 credit points
- Please note that an additional program fee applies to this subject. External and University funding may be available to support your participation.
- 15 New Colombo Plan scholarships available at $2,750 (domestic undergraduate students only)
- All applications will be considered for New Colombo Plan Scholarships
- Melbourne Global Scholars Award scholarships also available
- IBUS20007 program fee (TBC): approx. $2,000 - $2,400 (non-refundable)
- Covers 14 nights bed and breakfast (3½ star twin-share accommodation), 3 company visits, several meals, excursions and tours
- Airfares, some meals, and incidentals are not included in the IBUS90007 program fee
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- Please note that this is a competitive entry subject with a limited number of places per delivery
- Students are selected based on
- their curriculum vitae, and
- a short statement that demonstrates their interest in undertaking this subject.
- Minimum weighted-average marks of 70%
- Students must have completed at least 50 Master of Management credit points prior to departure
More Information and Detailed Requirements
- Please view the handbook entry for this subject
For further information, please contact email@example.com